Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great Weekend



a


m
I am really tired, so this is going to be a quick update! Friday three of us went to La Campana again, but this time we hiked a more leisurely path and had a picnic. I forgot my camera, so when my friends post pictures I will steal them and post them here! It was beautiful, and a perfect day. The highlight was the tarantula that Kaeli almost stepped on. It was huge, you will all be properly grossed out by the photos later! Friday night I went to a friend's house for her host sister's birthday party. It was a great time- both fun and great for practicing my Spanish with new people. I also learned some new salsa moves from some of the parents! (It is totally normal here for someone my age to have their birthday party at home with both family and friends. In fact, I got scolded by a grandma-that-could-get-down for not shaking my hips enough!) Saturday I went with a different friend and one of her host sisters to a protest against damns in Patagonia. Afterward, I got my nose pierced! Now, before anyone gets too upset please remember that this is NOT permanent! And I love it! Saturday night I we went out to eat, so the picture with the HUGE hot dog is a completo. I don't know if I explained already, but it a toasted bun, hot dot, diced tomatoes, avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup. Awesome, huh? Today I went to the zoo with Mama, Macarena and her BF Martin. Well, I need to get some sleep. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounded fantastic. I love the picture of the elephant, I wish I could touch them! I really enjoy reading your updates, you writing is always interesting and amusing. Miss you, Mik xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized I just actually posted from the MSU Scuba Club email account and not my own, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the elephant picture!!!! Did you get to touch it? My little brother would love that! Elephants are his favorite =)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete