Thursday, October 8, 2009

I know, I know...



I haven't been updating! However, I will now:

So, two weeks ago I went to the Atacama Desert. It was one of the most amazing trips of my life! The highlights:

Renting bikes for the day in the Valle de la luna. We were alone practically all day, riding in the desert. Watched the sunset, and rode back by the moonlight. Simply amazing.

The hostel owner took us to a "secret thermal." There are tours to another one, but there are alot of people and it's expensive. So we just trusted this guy, and we ended up in the middle of nowhere at a gorgeous thermal. Again, we stayed to watch the sunset.

To summarize that week, I don't think I've ever felt so complete and at peace, and grateful as I did so many times there.

Fastforward:

Tomorrow night I'm camping on a nearby beach. Sunday we are going to the Daddy Yankee concert in Vina!


This is from the festival of a thousand drums. The parade ended right by my house, and as you can see it was very energetic and colorful. As my mama chilean would say, it's because Valparaiso is such a passionate city.


This is us getting ready for our 5 hours of sleep in the Santiago airport after our trip! We're champs.



No words for this! (Ok, so it is a salt lake. On the other side were flamingos!!)



What a ride!! (And who's proud of this ACL?! I'm sooo grateful that I am getting to experience Chile so fully, and I hope I always remember how lucky I am! )


Please watch the video! It's a short one.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I don't have a google account, so they erased my comment. Great!
    :Cough: Anyyywayyy:
    These pictures are amazing!! (Like all of the rest of them!)
    I'm really happy you're having such a fun and interesting experience there! Keep living it up =D
    <3 and miss you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete